Thursday, April 25, 2024

 Well Hello again blog.!! So far 2024 (its been a bit since I blogged) has been full of adventures, odd weather and a few challenges.

I must start with December 2023.  Leela and took a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas to see the amazing Dita Von Teese who was reviving the Juliblee Show.  We stayed at the Horseshoe Hotel.  The National Rodeo Championships were in town and I swear 90 percent of the crowd stayed at the Horseshoe..We had so much fun people watching.  Lots of big hats, shiny buckles, cowboy boot, lycra mini skirts and a few chaps. The show was amazing.  We had dinner at a faulous French restaraunt with cocktails, wine, the best French onion soup ever and steak frits.  YUM.  The next morning we had our traditional leavin Vegas breakfast at Bagelmania!!! The blintzes are to die for, really. 

I love our adventures together.  We have the best time!.  The trips often include stopping at every Walmart we can find.  Mostly looking for leggings..lol.

Our next adventure was a trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico.  We rented an AirBNB that was lovely.  I rented a car so we could travel about. I booked us a walking food tour the first full day.  It snowed...and I mean blizzard.  But we did the tour and had a fabulous time.  Each place we went to had a glorious plate of the local foods and cocktails.  I am not a fan of spicy food.  In fact I barely tolerate it, but was pleasantly surpised that I could handle SOME of the spice.  We did so much walking and sight seeing.  We were joined a couple days later by Leela's daughter, son-in-law and grandson. Atty (grandson) is three and such fun.  We went to MeowWolf.  It is an interactive art installation the size of several football fields.  Very exciting. Fun was had by all...

There were a few more small adventures..Wine pick up with the Sisters of the Crimson Moon (more on them later), some fun whiskey tastings and dance rehearsals galore.  A trip to Mammoth with my amazing daughter Amanda and Leela was full of fun, laughter, food and a torn calf muscle.  Last run of the day proved to be a bit of a problem.  I fell, tore my calf muscle and had to be taken down the mountain by the ski patrol.  WHEEEE what a ride. All good now, no lasting problems.  We went to Mountain High two week later and I was able to ski like I knew what I was doing.

There are many more to chronicle but I will do that next time.  Enjoy some pics.!!!





No comments: